[vlc-devel] wav extensible patches

Matthew Romaine Matthew.Romaine at jp.sony.com
Fri Jan 14 05:14:51 CET 2005

Hi gang,

I'm sending along two patches that handle WAVEFORMATEXTENSIBLE files a
little more robustly according to Microsoft's header definitions
(http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/audio/multichaud.mspx#EFAA). This
includes an extra layer of format-checking, as explained in my
comments. These patches are against the latest snapshot
(snapshot-20050113). I realize there may not a lot of examples out
there, but I would appreciate this being committed as I'm working on a
project that is requiring frequent snapshot-patching on my end.

Also, what is the progress with 'trickplay'? There was a
kasenna-related patch out there from mid-November but it still doesn't
seem to have been integrated, judging by the latest snapshot. Here's a
link to the posting:
http://www.via.ecp.fr/via/ml/vlc-devel/2004-11/msg00379.html

thanks,
matt