[vlc-devel] Re: wav extensible patches

Dermot McGahon dermot at dspsrv.com
Fri Jan 14 13:09:36 CET 2005

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 13:14:51 +0900, Matthew Romaine
<Matthew.Romaine at jp.sony.com> wrote:

> Also, what is the progress with 'trickplay'? There was a
> kasenna-related patch out there from mid-November but it still doesn't
> seem to have been integrated, judging by the latest snapshot. Here's a
> link to the posting:
> http://www.via.ecp.fr/via/ml/vlc-devel/2004-11/msg00379.html

What backend would you like to use trickplay with?

The status of that patch is:

  - My priorities changed. I still need a working trickplay for Kaseena
    solution, but not for a while.

  - Despite that I applied the patch to latest SVN a couple of weeks ago
    with the intention of asking for commit if everything was working. It
    wasn't; the video stream froze instead of playing the i-frame only
    video. I didn't have time to properly investigate.

I will do my best to try and finish this in the near future.

Dermot.