[vlc-devel] Re: wav extensible patches

Matthew Romaine Matthew.Romaine at jp.sony.com
Mon Jan 17 06:32:19 CET 2005

Hi Dermot,

thanks for your prompt response; mine are inlined:

On 2005/01/14, at 21:09, Dermot McGahon wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 13:14:51 +0900, Matthew Romaine
> <Matthew.Romaine at jp.sony.com> wrote:
>
>> Also, what is the progress with 'trickplay'? There was a
>> kasenna-related patch out there from mid-November but it still doesn't
>> seem to have been integrated, judging by the latest snapshot. Here's a
>> link to the posting:
>> http://www.via.ecp.fr/via/ml/vlc-devel/2004-11/msg00379.html
> What backend would you like to use trickplay with?
For now, with the liveMedia "test server"; and just for audio at that.
The liveMedia package comes with a sample rtsp server that can dish out
mp3 and wav files in response to "Scale:" requests. this has been great
for testing, since it's a light and simple setup. I tried hacking the
vlc code to work with it, and got it mostly working except that much of
the "irate" stuff had to be commented out, probably breaking local
video ff/rw operations (I never tested it). Seems there's a lot of work
to be done with the internal clock. my other changes were similar to
your kasenna patch.

If the non-media (or at least, non-video) portions of your kasenna
patch could be committed, you would have at least one happy camper :)

thanks,
matt