[vlc-devel] Re: DVD Navigation

Benjamin PRACHT bigben+spam at videolan.org
Thu Jan 20 12:15:35 CET 2005

On Thu, Jan 20, 2005, Greg Hosler wrote :

> maybe we're not talking about the same thing.
>
> I am aware of the menu item that offers me "chapter" and "title".
>
> I'm looking for the real DVD navigation, i.e. what you would see when you put
> the DVD into a DVD player. *that* navigation menue is what I'm NOT seeing !
>
> I'm under the impression that this isn't implemented yet. Is this not a correct
> understanding ?

I confirm what I said : VLC has had support for DVD menus for about 2
years I think now... The first library used for that was libdvdplay, but
we are now using libdvdnav (the same lib as Xine and Ogle use). If dvd
menus don't work for you, please check you selected menu support in the
open disk dialog. You can also try to select "DVD menu" in the
navigation menu of VLC...

--
BigBen