[vlc-devel] Re: Cannot access MJPG streams

Rémi Denis-Courmont courmisch at via.ecp.fr
Tue Jul 5 18:59:56 CEST 2005

	Hello,

Le Mardi 5 Juillet 2005 13:04, Iván Sánchez Ortega a écrit :
> I've noticed serious problems when trying to play MJPG streams via
> HTTP, as of VLC 0.8.2 final. It seems that VLC refuses to play any
> MJPG stream.

> The relevant portion of the debugging output when playing such a
> steam is as follows:
>
> main debug: using access2 odule "access_http"
> main debug: pre buffering
> access_http error: invalid HTTP reply '--myboundary'
> main error: cannot pre fill buffer

This is not a MJPEG issue, it's a problem in the HTTP access module.

> You can get such a video stream at:
> http://legocamera.marshall.edu/axis-cgi/mjpg/video.cgi

This stream works fine for me at the moment.

Nevertheless, it seems that the HTTP server legocamera.marshall.edu
sends LF as end of lines, instead of CRLF in HTTP headers. That's in
violation of RFC2616, section 6, and may account for your problem.

It namely seems that your VLC took "--myboundary" as part of the HTTP
response headers whereas it's the first content line. I've tried to
make the development version more robust as regards LF vs CRLF but
given I can't reproduce your problem, I don't know if it's going to
change anything.

http://www.simphalempin.com/home/