[vlc-devel] Re: RFC: New forums setup

Rémi Denis-Courmont courmisch at via.ecp.fr
Fri Jul 29 21:16:33 CEST 2005

Le Lundi 25 Juillet 2005 11:47, Marian Durkovic a écrit :
> Bugzilla doesn't seem to be used anymore and trac is closed for
> developers-only...

BugZilla is unusable. It is far too complex and the interface sucks big
times, so it is no wonder that developpers hardly use it.

Besides, it only works if there is someone who actually performs triage.
This wasn't apparently the situation and now there are plenty of
unchecked bugs and it would take days to sort the mess.

As for Trac, if we let users fill in bug reports, we'd get plenty of
unconfirmed poor bug reports, and quickly it would become unusable.
Besides, most of it is intended for developers only.

For bug reports with patches, if nobody applies them at first, just
repost them and insist that the first report was ignored. These things
happen and will continue to happen because the VideoLAN project is
undermanned.

http://www.simphalempin.com/home/