[vlc-devel] Re: greeting... Win32 on Win9x

Sigmund Augdal sigmunau at stud.ntnu.no
Wed Jun 15 14:19:17 CEST 2005

On Wed, Jun 15, 2005 at 08:14:25AM -0400, CUTMAN ~CW~ wrote:
> hi all..
>
> I'm an excited new user:)
>
> Win32 on Win98SE(w/Plus)
>
> just posted this mostly skins2/graphical-related topic on the forums:
> http://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?t=9899
> ..is most of the dev related stuff done off-forum in the mailing lists?
The development related stuff are done on this mailing list and on irc. Drop
by one day for a chat.

> I'd like to find out how I can be useful.  -don't know much about CVS(SVN)
> other than the general concept.  Where should I start digging around about
> vlc specifically Win32/9x .
developers.videolan.org has a quick crash course on svn usage, numberous
other sites probably have similar quick starters for differen platforms and
tools.

> Who's the good contact(s) for this capacity?
Try not to contact the individual developers, keep the discussion on the
lists. That way most people will be available to help, and developers get
all vlc related mail in one location.

Sigmund

> good day,
> Scott