[vlc-devel] Re: pda interface broken

Jean-Paul Saman jean-paul.saman at planet.nl
Mon Jun 27 14:54:00 CEST 2005

Marc Poulhiès wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm trying to add new the 0.8.2 release in openembedded (used by the
>familiar linux distribution).
>
>0.8.1 needed a patch as pda interface was kind of "unmaintened".
>Now with 0.8.2 there seems to be some problem with autotools as the
>generated Makefile in modules/gui/pda is missing some include path (for
>gtk, atk, glib, ...).
>
>Is it possible that something changed from 0.8.1 to 0.8.2 and that it
>was not correctly done for pda interface ?

Nothing was changed for the PDA interface after that patch you referred
to. Did you have a look at the buildscripts ipkg/rules.* ?
They tell how to use the cross-develop environment with VLC.

>I have another question concerning the download page for familiar linux:
>http://videolan.org/vlc/download-familiar.html
>
>All this software is old and may need some upgrade (vlc 0.7.1 packages
>for familiar linux 0.7.1. Familiar will release 0.8.3 during july).

v0.8.x has a larger disk footprint then the 0.7.1 versions. It didn't
fit on my PDA H3630 flash anymore without sacrifising serious PIM
functionality. Perhaps since the PocketPC port things have been improved
with respect to disk size. Someone should just give it a try.

>Do you plan to update this page ?

Wasn't planning todo so.

Thanks for caring !

Greetings,