[vlc-devel] Re: pda interface broken

Marc Poulhiès marc.poulhies at epfl.ch
Mon Jun 27 15:18:35 CEST 2005

Jean-Paul Saman <jean-paul.saman at planet.nl> writes:

>>Is it possible that something changed from 0.8.1 to 0.8.2 and that it
>>was not correctly done for pda interface ?
>>
> Nothing was changed for the PDA interface after that patch you referred

This is my point. Maybe some changes should be applied to get the
configure script to find the correct include paths as it seems to work
nicelly for everything before it gets to compile 'pda.c'.

> to. Did you have a look at the buildscripts ipkg/rules.* ?

Yes I did but this is not really what I expected... OpenEmbedded has
mecanism to handle "./configure" scripts so that developpers don't have
to tune parameters by hand by pointing to every lib/include paths needed
for compilation.

> v0.8.x has a larger disk footprint then the 0.7.1 versions. It didn't
> fit on my PDA H3630 flash anymore without sacrifising serious PIM
> functionality. Perhaps since the PocketPC port things have been improved
> with respect to disk size. Someone should just give it a try.
>
>>Do you plan to update this page ?
>>
> Wasn't planning todo so.
>
> Thanks for caring !

Ok, so maybe just a word stating that familiar 0.8.x has a more recent
VLC version ? (0.8.1 for now, and maybe 0.8.2 in the near futur)

I will try to find where the problem is (openembedded or vlc) but as I
said, I'm new to autotools :)

Thanks for your answer,

Marc