[vlc-devel] Strange descriptorLength fields in SL over TS

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at tiscali.it
Mon Mar 14 16:19:03 CET 2005

Hi,
yesterday, testing my SL demuxer with VLC, I found very strange
descriptorLength values in the IOD:
the length of the outermost descriptor was 67 bytes, while the length
of the first descriptor contained therein was 49000+.
Since my demuxer is very new I controlled the code, but it seems to
be correct, basically a plain uvlc reader:

value = 0;
i = 0;
while(1)
{
    value |= buf[i] & 0x7f:
    if(buf[i] & 0x80)
    {
        value <<= 7;
        i++;
    }
    else
       break;
}

I also made a dump of the input bytes, and they were sequences of
0xff 0xff 0xf7 ... ... (<0x80)
and  so on. I don't have the dump right now, but I can post it tonight
if needed.

Is it possible there's some bug in the uvlc coder, or that the IOD
generated by VLC
has some unusual coding?

Thanks,
        Nico