[vlc-devel] VLC checking for external plugins when built with --disable-plugins

Damien Fouilleul damien.fouilleul at laposte.net
Mon Mar 14 18:45:37 CET 2005

when compiling VLC to use built-in modules, i've noticed that it still
scans for external plugins. is there a way to disable this behaviour
through configure ?

it seems that a #define called HAVE_DYNAMIC_PLUGINS controls this
scanning, and is always defined  if dynamic linking  is  possible on the
target platform. I am proposing to have this #define turned off if
--disable-plugins is configured.

some background: I've had requests about distributing a
stand-alone/self-contained version of the activeX plugin, unfortunately
if VLC is already installed, then there are problems regarding version
mismatch between libvlc  in the activex plugin and  the version  of VLC
already installed.

Damien