[vlc-devel] Re: VLC checking for external plugins when built with --disable-plugins

Andre Pang ozone at algorithm.com.au
Tue Mar 15 06:59:07 CET 2005

Damien Fouilleul wrote:

> when compiling VLC to use built-in modules, i've noticed that it still
> scans for external plugins. is there a way to disable this behaviour
> through configure ?
>
> it seems that a #define called HAVE_DYNAMIC_PLUGINS controls this
> scanning, and is always defined  if dynamic linking  is  possible on the
> target platform. I am proposing to have this #define turned off if
> --disable-plugins is configured.

For what it's worth, this functionality would be useful for a
self-contained Mozilla plugin too.  A similar functionality may also be
useful for reading VLC preferences.  i.e. Should a standalone ActiveX
plugin read an installed VLC's normal preferences file, or not?

--
% Andre Pang : trust.in.love.to.save  <http://www.algorithm.com.au/>