[vlc-devel] VLC translation

Xènia Albà Cantero xenia_alba at hotmail.com
Mon May 2 11:30:25 CEST 2005

Hi,

We are two students from Catalonia (Spain). We are doing the catalan
translation of VLC. We have used the program PoEdit. The last week we
finished it, we get the .mo file typing:   “msgfmt ./ca.po –o ./ca.mo”

We put this file in the folder  “usr/share/locale/ca/LCMESSAGE/”

When we launch the program with “vlc –language ca”. We could see the result.
It works allrigth but there are some problems:

1.There is some threads that appear in english, but we have translate it. Is
this normal? What is the problem?
2.We have some sentences that are too long, and don't fit in the dialog
boxes. How can we solve this?
3.The last problem is that we have some characters that don't appear in the
correct way. When we use for example “àudio” (the translation of audio) the
'à' don't appear like this, but this only happend in some places, not
always. Why?

We hope you can help us.

We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.

Lorena Gomes and Xènia Albà