[vlc-devel] Re: VLC translation

Rémi Denis-Courmont courmisch at via.ecp.fr
Mon May 2 15:44:30 CEST 2005

Le Lundi 2 Mai 2005 11:30, Xènia Albà Cantero a écrit :
> 1.There is some threads that appear in english, but we have translate
> it. Is this normal? What is the problem?

What exactly remains in English ? only the logs should remain in English
if the po file is completely translated, unless you've left strings as
fuzzy.

> 2.We have some sentences that are too long, and don't fit in the
> dialog boxes. How can we solve this?

Find a shorter translation or tell us what is wrong exactly so we can
try to adjust the widget's width.

> 3.The last problem is that we have some characters that don't appear
> in the correct way. When we use for example “àudio” (the translation
> of audio) the 'à' don't appear like this, but this only happend in
> some places, not always. Why?

There's a known bug on Linux with VLC 0.8.1 not displaying strings with
non-ASCII characters if the locale is not in Unicode (UTF-8). If that
is your case, try to run VLC as "LANG=ca_ES.UTF-8 vlc" instead of just
"vlc".

If you're on Windows/Mac OS X, you should retry with the development
snapshots (http://vthr.videolan.org/) and see if the problem is fixed
or not.

Sincerely,

http://www.simphalempin.com/home/