[vlc-devel] Problems opening 2 or more streams at the same time

James jameslawbr at yahoo.com.br
Tue May 3 20:04:03 CEST 2005

Hello People,

I hope somebody can help me (again :)..

I have problems when I try to open 2 or more
streams at the same time on my machine.. I open a
VLC and everything works fine. When I open a
second VLC, and try to receive another stream,
the window opens but it remain black, and it
appears the following information on
command-line:

[00000460] vout_directx video output error:
overlay unuseable (might already be in use)

With other machines this problem does not happens
and I can open as many streams I want.

My computer is a Pentium III with onboard video
card.

Is this problem a hardware limitation? Or can I
fix it?

By the way, to open more than one stream, I open
more than one VLC. Is it possible with only one
VLC opened receive some streams together?

Thanks for your attention.

Hugs

James
Campinas - SP - Brazil