[vlc-devel] Re: Suse Distribution for VideoLan Client?

Benjamin Pracht bigben+spam at videolan.org
Tue May 10 11:04:20 CEST 2005

On Sun, May 08, 2005, Larry Scott wrote :
> I am starting an open-source development company.  If
> someone has not stepped up to the plate in offering
> this service please let me know.  Currently, I am a
> one man shop, however I have several colleegs that are
> interested in helping maintain the great work out
> there.  As an avid Linux user (no windows) for 2 years
> now I know of the headaches and need for solid apps
> out there.  I am impressed by the software you have
> and would like to support it with
> development/packaging time.
>
> Let me know what I can do.

Well, although several people already offered to maintain SUSE packages
of VLC, nobody provided them yet, so I guess the position of SUSE
maintainer is still available ;).

What we would need would be spec file adapted to SUSE, as well as the
corresponding packages if possible (since none of the developers has
access to a SUSE to build them. The redhat spec file available in the
source tree of VLC as well as the spec
files of the uncomplete unofficial packages lying around would be a good
start to have a look. Use this ML or our IRC channel (#videolan on
irc.freenode.net) if you have any question).

Thanks again,

--
BigBen