[vlc-devel] Re: New Win32 contrib

Christophe Mutricy xtophe at nxtelevision.com
Wed Nov 2 14:32:24 CET 2005

On Wed, Nov 02, 05 at 07:17 -0500, Mark Moriarty wrote:
> Question is does the contrib package make script work OK under a Windows
> Cygwin environment?
I don't have such an environement so i can't test. the first things to
do is to adapt line of 60 of src/Makefile with the value of gcc
--dumpmachine on cygwin.
Then i may be worth to add some extra CFLAGS like -mno-cygwin.

Then it's compile, error, fix, .... It should go well for build systems
based on the autotools for the others it may need some extra ifeq($HOST)
case.

> If it's not a clean build of the contribs using Cygwin, it would be nice to
> still post a compiled contrib; requiring developers to use a Linux box isn't
> that good an option.

It's currently a topic on IRC. because some users don't have the
bamdwidth or cpu power to do the contrib. so as long as someone take
time to do the contrib we should continue them. or automate the process
on altair.  And also provide some contrib for more recent gcc. ( what is
the default version in cygwin, btw ?)

--
Xtophe