[vlc-devel] Re: Problem while compiling VLC with QTE

Jean-Paul Saman jean-paul.saman at planet.nl
Sun Nov 6 10:27:17 CET 2005

j y wrote:
> Thank you, I solved this problem.
> but after configuration and compiled,
> there isn't any GUI displayed if we run vlc,
> just display that the remote control has been launched.

That is correct, because the QT interface is non-existing. This topic
has been discussed multiple times on this list and can be found by a
quick search in the mailinglist archives (or using Google).

If VLC cannot find an interface that is suitable for the platform, then
it will launch the RC-interface as last resort.

> is there anyone working on this issue?
No, not at the moment.

The QT support for VLC is rather primitive:
1) There is no GUI
2) The video output is directly written to the framebuffer. So there is
no support for a video output window.

Grtz,
Jean-Paul Saman.