[vlc-devel] Re: Problem while compiling VLC with QTE

j y yunjnz at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 4 07:25:04 CET 2005

Thank you, I solved this problem.
but after configuration and compiled,
there isn't any GUI displayed if we run vlc,
just display that the remote control has been launched.

is there anyone working on this issue?

Jean-Paul Saman <jean-paul.saman at planet.nl> wrote:
j y wrote:
> hi,
> I found the first problem while configuring VLC, the newest QT uses C++ instead of C, but the configuration shell still using C for checking QT environment, if I use CC=g++ and configure, it passes, but errors happened after issuing make command, since most of the file use C not C++. how to solve this problem? thank you.
You should fix the configure.ac script to use the c++ autoconf check
instead of the c ones. VLC is built with the C-compiler and some plugins
are built with C++ compiler.

The configure.ac script use the syntax for th autoconfigure tool from
the autotools package. See the manuals at www.gnu.org for autoconf.

Grtz,
Jean-Paul Saman.