[vlc-devel] Re: localisation of vlc player in arabic

Christophe Mutricy xtophe at nxtelevision.com
Fri Nov 18 17:23:32 CET 2005

On Thu, Nov 17, 05 at 02:09 +0000, sailaja wrote:
> I am looking for the arabic localised version of the VLC player.
> Is there any?
Not that i know of and none inside the repository.

> How can I do my own localisation  say I want it in arabic.. what do i
> need to do?

VLC use gettext to manage the localisation.
You can find the file to edit here:
http://www.nxtelevision.com/~xtophe/videolan/ar.po

If you are on Windows or Linux, I recommend you to edit this file with
poEdit (poedit.sf.net). If you are on Mac OS X, you probably want to
edit it with SubEthaEdit. Be sure that you edit it in UTF8, if you are
using the latter editor.

If you have problems or questions, ask here or on #videolan on
irc.freenode.net.

When you're finished or well advanced, you can send me the file or put
it somewhere online and we will integrate it in the SVN repository.

Thanks for your contributions to VLC.

--
Xtophe