[vlc-devel] Suggestion: DTS and AC3 embeding in SPDIF.

Jean-Alexis Montignies ja at sente.ch
Tue Nov 29 12:25:34 CET 2005

Hi,

I notices that if I can play a DTS CD with Itunes on my Motu 828 MkII
wich does not support AC3 or DTS streams.
I understand it works because on the CD the DTS stream is embedded in
the CD audio stream. There are many applications that do this
embedding (DTS to WAV).

I guess it could be done on the fly by vlc on any interface with a
digital output without setting the hog mode which is not supported by
all interfaces. (The risk for the user is that the stream is
interrupted if another application also outputs audio on the same
interface).

Greetings.

Jean-Alexis Montignies
http://www.sente.ch/