[vlc-devel] Re: VLC Mac OS X

Felix Kühne fk at aenneburghardt.de
Sun Oct 9 14:46:48 CEST 2005

Hi Vincent,

thanks for your contribution. I used your artwork for a re-design of
the about-window. You can see a screenshot here
<www.aenneburghardt.de/fk/vlc/about1.jpg> and check it out yourself
in the next nightly build (see nightlies.videolan.org).

Unfortunately, we cannot use your buttons in the next version of VLC.
Their design is too close to the buttons of Apple's iTunes. Since
Apple, Inc. owns a copyright on the design (they own even patents on
the iTunes design...), we are legally not permitted to use your
button set.

Additionally, we would need to have the mask and the image of a
button in a PNG-file and not in different files, but that's another
thing.

If you want to re-design your buttons, we will gladly include them
(we are needing especially shuffle, repeat all, repeat one, no repeat
buttons) . Feel free to contact us on vlc-devel at videolan.org or in
the IRC-channel #videolan (freenode-network), if you want to talk
about that with us.

Thanks again for your artwork.

Regards,
Felix