[vlc-devel] Re: vlc: svn commit r12810 (fkuehne)

Damien Fouilleul Damien.Fouilleul at laposte.net
Mon Oct 10 21:15:34 CEST 2005

zcot's screensaver  patch is a bit too drastic, it turns off screensaver
whenever VLC is running, regardless of whether it is playing or not.
typically, screensaver should only be disabled if and only if VLC is
playing video.

please note that there is already a similar handler in the directx and
wingdi vout code, so I don't see the need to have another one at the IPC
level.
disabling the screensaver does work for me, so if there is a problem,
they should be fixed in the vout code.

I would advise that this patch should be removed

Damien