[vlc-devel] Re: vlc: svn commit r12958 (md)

Christophe Mutricy xtophe at nxtelevision.com
Tue Oct 25 11:07:42 CEST 2005

Hi,

> get rid of confusing --sout-udp-ttl and unneded warning message

This commit breaks backward compatibility.
As a general matters, i think this subject could have been discussed on
the mailing list or on IRC ( #videolan on irc.freenode.net) because 24h
on trac is a bit short for every body to comment.

Maybe we can keep the option and print a message if it's set to inform
the user.

I'm just thinking as i write, that the current system allow you to
specify the ttl inside the sout string and so allow you to have several
stream with different ttl if you use #duplicate{}. So now i'm afraid
this commit is bad. Maybe we should document more this tree options or
make the sout one inherit from --ttl if the user don't pass a value.

--
Xtophe