[vlc-devel] Re: vlc: svn commit r13006 (fkuehne)

Clément Stenac zorglub at via.ecp.fr
Sat Oct 29 09:36:05 CEST 2005

> IMHO, so long as it is a simple wizard (= GUI) modification, I would say
> it is ok before -test2 to offer RTP from the wizard, so long as UDP can
> also still be chosen. I've not checked thoroughly, but it should be a

The main problem I see here is that the wizard is already a bit too
complex IMHO. Adding both UDP and RTP, with a text explaining the
difference will make it even more complex.

The wizard should make the best choice for most users. Other users can
use the more complex full dialog.

I personnally think it might be better to leave UDP, because some things
will just not work with RTP. Anyway, we already state that UDP is not
adapted for internet streaming.

--
Zorglub
Clément Stenac