[vlc-devel] Re: -mtune doesn't work in every environment (r11686)

Daniel Stränger vlc at schmaller.de
Wed Sep 14 18:23:04 CEST 2005

Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> Le Mercredi 14 Septembre 2005 00:01, Daniel Straenger a écrit :
>
>>i gently want to request the reversion of r11686 again,
>>because -mtune doesn't work for gcc < 3.4.4 on x86.
>

> I can compile with gcc-3.3 on x86 without problem. There *IS* a check
> for -mtune support, so unless you force the configure script into using
> the cpu tuning feature (with --with-tuning, or via some dirty
> config.cache), it should work anyway.

hi!
of course i want to run a tuned application (harder, better, faster,
stronger ...) :-)
so i configure --with-tuning.

as of r11686 i have to change manually from "-mtune" to
"-mcpu" in vlc-config.

I think it's better to use a deprecated option than one that isn't
understood by "older" compiler versions, isn't it!?

Bye,
Daniel