[vlc-devel] Firefox/Mozilla plugin using 0.8.5 test2

Kuldipsingh Pabla Kuldipsingh.Pabla at Sun.COM
Mon Apr 3 07:52:35 CEST 2006

Hi Gurus,

I am able to build and use VLC test2 on Solaris 10 /x86 as a standalone
applications, with minor problems here and there.  I have built various
(not all) codecs and libraries/muxers. This is all hunky dorry. I hope
to share it very soon with this community.

I run into linker/loader issues while building VLC as a plugin for
Firefox/Mozilla. Initially, I thought that this was caused by firefox
and mozilla SDK that was built using Sun Studio compilers and not gcc.
To resolve this, I built a FireFox SDK using gcc. I used the gcc based
SDK to build VLC plugin - unfortunately, it did not solve my problem and
hence I coming back to you gurus. Here is what I have observed so far:

o VLC as a standalone app build and runs fine using gcc on Sol10/x86/x64
o VLC as a plugin runs into the following loader/linker errors.
o If I remove *_pic libraries in for building the plugin, at least the
compilation errors go away and then I run into other issues while

Could you please help me this? This is one of the obstacles between VLC
on S10 on Videolan.org. I understand the following symbols are part of
the standard libc and glib. But I do not understand why VLC as a
standalone app is able to resolve these symbols and VLC as plugin not :(

Thanking you in advance,

-Kuldip

<snip>

__umoddi3                           0x15ab
/export/home/kuldeep/ws/gcc/ffmpeg-20051126/libavcodec/libavcodec.a(mpeg12.o)
__umoddi3                           0x1607
/export/home/kuldeep/ws/gcc/ffmpeg-20051126/libavcodec/libavcodec.a(mpeg12.o)
__umoddi3                           0x1678
/export/home/kuldeep/ws/gcc/ffmpeg-20051126/libavcodec/libavcodec.a(mpeg12.o)
__umoddi3                           0x16ba
/export/home/kuldeep/ws/gcc/ffmpeg-20051126/libavcodec/libavcodec.a(mpeg12.o)
ld: fatal: relocations remain against allocatable but non-writable sections
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
gmake[3]: *** [libvlcplugin.so] Error 1
gmake[3]: Leaving directory `/export/home/kuldeep/ws/gcc/vlc-0.8.4a/mozilla'
gmake[2]: *** [all] Error 2
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/export/home/kuldeep/ws/gcc/vlc-0.8.4a/mozilla'
gmake[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/export/home/kuldeep/ws/gcc/vlc-0.8.4a'
gmake: *** [all] Error 2

--
Project Buz :: Orchestrated Communication :: http://software.sfbay/buz