[vlc-devel] Re: win95/98/me problems with utf8 wrappers

Antoine Cellerier dionoea at videolan.org
Tue Apr 4 18:45:54 CEST 2006

On Tue, Apr 04, 2006, Daniel Stränger wrote:
> IMO the utf8-wrapper functions (CreateDirectoryW and wfopen) are the cause
> of these errors,
> because they are not implemented in those windows versions.
> ->
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/archive/default.asp?url=/archive/en-us/win9x/chilimit_6fw3.asp

I guess that we could do runtime detection of the windows version (or
availability of these functions) and try the non wide character versions
on old windows.

Another solution, which wouldn't need runtime detection, would be to
fallback automatically to the non wide char version if the wide char
version fails. This would be easier to implement i guess. Anyone have
objections ?

--
Antoine Cellerier
dionoea