[vlc-devel] Re: vlc: svn commit r15125 (dionoea)

list at scttransport.dk list at scttransport.dk
Fri Apr 7 09:15:05 CEST 2006

> Le Vendredi 7 Avril 2006 01:02, Subversion daemon a écrit :
> > r15125 | dionoea | 2006-04-07 01:02:30 +0200 (Fri, 07 Apr 2006) | 2
> > lines Changed paths:
> >    M /trunk/vlc.win32.nsi
> >
> > Remove --one-instance option from file open targets on win32. people
> > seemed to be frustrated about this behavior change.
>
> At least that was consistent with what other media players do, and was
> the only sane option when opening audio or video+audio files.
>
> Of course that will frustrate some users with specific needs, but I'm
> pretty sure most of the others will be frustrated by your change.

I completely agree with Rémi. I dont knwo who it is you say was frustrated
by the change. But its stupid (sory but I think its that obvious) to have a
function this simple, stand out from påretty much all other players
available. I would guess maybe 1/1000 people don’t want the normal behaviour
(normal as in that’s what everybody else is doing).

Basically I really think --one-instance should be re-enabled. Makes no sence
not too...

Greetings
Jonas A. Larsen