[vlc-devel] Re: vlc: svn commit r15125 (dionoea)

Antoine Cellerier dionoea at videolan.org
Fri Apr 7 13:36:52 CEST 2006

On Fri, Apr 07, 2006, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> At least that was consistent with what other media players do, and was
> the only sane option when opening audio or video+audio files.
>
> Of course that will frustrate some users with specific needs, but I'm
> pretty sure most of the others will be frustrated by your change.

People didn't like the fact that it couldn't be disabled or changed. The
only alternative solution would be to enable one instance mode by
default in VLC preferences. I remember that no one wanted to do that
last time i suggested (or commited) it. If people changed their minds
since i'd of course be glad to put one instance mode by default in the
prefs.

--
Antoine Cellerier
dionoea