[vlc-devel] Re: Autodelettion after playback

Kuldipsingh Pabla Kuldipsingh.Pabla at Sun.COM
Tue Apr 18 18:03:33 CEST 2006

Hi Filippo,

Thanx for your reply.
First of all, how do I submit my patches? Do I send them to you? Or
should I just commit them using svn? Please let me know the process.

Second, the deletion issue: Dynamically/programmatically, I am adding
video clips to my playlist one after the other. I do not need to have
older clips in the playlist. The sequence is
1) add first clip
2) play it (using id as -1 or 0)
3) once the playback is done, add another clip
4) play it using id -1, 0 or 1
5) repeat 3 thru 5.

in step 2, it plays the first clip irrespective of the id (0 or -1)
because there is just one clip.
in step 4, if I use id as -1 or 0, it plays the first clip again and
then the second - I do not want it to play first clip again. If I use id
as 1, it crashes (segfault) in input.c I can send you exact location.
So, any help with this respect would be highly appreciated and sooner
the better.

third, in the jvlc, JVLCCanvas is being used as a canvas to render
video. This makes swing and awt combination a bit weird. Have you
thought about using Swing (JPanel) for it?

Thanx,

-Kuldip

--
Project Buz :: Orchestrated Communication :: http://software.sfbay/buz