[vlc-devel] Re: Autodelettion after playback

Filippo Carone filippo at carone.org
Tue Apr 18 18:14:52 CEST 2006

Kuldipsingh Pabla ha scritto:
> Hi Filippo,
>
> Thanx for your reply.
> First of all, how do I submit my patches? Do I send them to you? Or
> should I just commit them using svn? Please let me know the process.

Please send the patches to me at the moment.
I'll add you to subversion in the near future.

> Second, the deletion issue: Dynamically/programmatically, I am adding
> video clips to my playlist one after the other. I do not need to have
> older clips in the playlist. The sequence is
> 1) add first clip
> 2) play it (using id as -1 or 0)
> 3) once the playback is done, add another clip
> 4) play it using id -1, 0 or 1
> 5) repeat 3 thru 5.
>
> in step 2, it plays the first clip irrespective of the id (0 or -1)
> because there is just one clip.
> in step 4, if I use id as -1 or 0, it plays the first clip again and
> then the second - I do not want it to play first clip again. If I use id
> as 1, it crashes (segfault) in input.c I can send you exact location.
> So, any help with this respect would be highly appreciated and sooner
> the better.

At the moment you could use playlist.clear() method after each clip, so
you always start with a clean playlist when adding a clip.

> third, in the jvlc, JVLCCanvas is being used as a canvas to render
> video. This makes swing and awt combination a bit weird. Have you
> thought about using Swing (JPanel) for it?

As long as I know, an AWT canvas is necessary for native drawing. In the
API there's a JVLCPanel class which extends JPanel. If you know any
alternative to AWT for native drawing, let me know.

Cheers,
Filippo