[vlc-devel] [patch] Re: win95/98/me problems with utf8 wrappers

DS vlc at schmaller.de
Fri Apr 28 02:22:57 CEST 2006

On 06.04.2006 01:18, Daniel Stränger wrote:
> I prefer Antoines fallback solution which I have coded a patch for.
> I'm afraid i don't know neither if it works nor if it compiles,
> because i'm missing a windows build environment.

Since i've a windows build system available, i could rewrite the patch to operability.
It does _not_ use functions that are wrapped by libunicow.
It works by checking the specific error codes windows returns,
if the unicode version of a function is not implemented.
I don't expect any performance decrease on unicode systems.

Best regards,
Daniel