[vlc-devel] Re: java bindings / mac os x

Sciss contact at sciss.de
Thu Aug 10 23:09:32 CEST 2006

ok, thanks for your offer. first problem when building VLC from
source is, when i run "sudo ./bootstrap", i get:

configure.ac:74: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_DISABLE_STATIC
       If this token and others are legitimate, please use
m4_pattern_allow.
       See the Autoconf documentation.
configure.ac:75: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_LIBTOOL_DLOPEN
configure.ac:76: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_LIBTOOL_WIN32_DLL
configure.ac:77: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL

if i try to continue and enter "make distclean":

make: *** No rule to make target `distclean'.  Stop.

(probably because bootstrap was supposed to create the makefile?)

and ./configure:

configure: error: cannot find install-sh or install.sh in autotools ./
autotools

any ideas?

i have a VLC binary here but i guess that doesn't help because i need
the API and libraries installed?

ciao, -sciss-