[vlc-devel] Re: vlc: svn commit r16250 (hartman)

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sat Aug 12 02:33:17 CEST 2006

>r16250 | hartman | 2006-08-12 02:10:37 +0200 (Sat, 12 Aug 2006) | 17 lines
>Changed paths:
>    M /trunk/modules/demux/live555.cpp
>
>* refactoring of live555 module.

Thanks, DJ.

>   TODO:
>[...]
>   - find a better way for error communication with live (parsing
>random strings is so 1990)

I agree.  As I noted in an earlier message, I can modify the LIVE555
library to make this easier for you, but unfortunately people who
want to use older versions of the library will still need to use your
parsing code.

I know you VLC folks hate to do this, but I suggest that at some
point you mandate "You must use version >= FOOBAR of the LIVE555 code
if you want to use it in VLC".  This will also allow you to remove
many of the clunky version-related #ifdefs from the code.
--

Ross Finlayson
Live Networks, Inc.