[vlc-devel] Re: VLC on Windows, direct3d video output error: Failed to create picture surface.

Joerg vlc-ml at aab.noctis.de
Mon Aug 28 15:59:16 CEST 2006

On Mon, 28 Aug 2006, Jean-Paul Saman wrote:

> Did you already run vlc with: vlc --reset-config --save-config vlc:quit
> to rule out a wrong configuration setting.

I did not before, but did it now. Here's the situation afterwards:

* No change for Direct3D Video (hr=0x8876086c)

* Sometimes working video with DirectX Video (Yay!)
The random crashing when starting to play or after playing remains though.
(sob)

* Open GL still as slow as ever.

* Patterns with GDI remain.

Any more ideas?