[vlc-devel] Re: vlc: svn commit r18263 (md)

Rémi Denis-Courmont rem at videolan.org
Tue Dec 5 11:11:49 CET 2006

Le lundi 4 décembre 2006 16:22, Derk-Jan Hartman a écrit :
> I have to agree here. This is not a fix. It's rewrite of how this is
> handled in vlm. And though I'm sure the respective developers took
> great care implementing it, it's not guaranteed to be error free.

It probably is not error-free. Since it was not a regression in the
first place, it might be ok to not fix it and put one last ultimate
work-around in wx instead, though I can understand the frustration of
Windows users.

Afterall, the Unicode Win32 directories have not been backported either.

> I'm
> approaching a point, where I might prefer to simply release and make
> a 0.8.7 bugfix release of the bugfix release instead of simply
> backporting these kinds of things.

I think we are all very much bored with the two development branches,
and it's getting more intricate as they diverge further apart.