[vlc-devel] multiple slices issue in h264 streaming: marker bit problem

Yao Peter peter at yuvad.com
Tue Dec 26 14:36:43 CET 2006

Hi,

I just found an issue in rtp_packetize_h264, which sets the RTP marker
bit to indicate end of an NAL unit, but in RFC3984, it states clearly
the marker bit should indicate end of an access unit(sample). I think
this is why quicktime cannot play the stream when there are multiple
slices in one frame, it relies on this bit heavily.

I am not familiar with other parts of VLC code so cannot provide a patch
here, but it should be straightforward and handy. Please help to fix
this in the code.

Thanks,

Peter