[vlc-devel] Re: vlc: svn commit r14147 (sigmunau)

Sigmund Augdal Helberg dnumgis at videolan.org
Fri Feb 3 15:25:15 CET 2006

On Fri, 2006-02-03 at 15:16 +0100, Clément Stenac wrote:
> Hello,
>
> You shouldn't need to explicitely surround each stats_ call by if(
> stats_enabled )  because the stats_ calls already check for this and do
> nothing if stats aren't enabled ?
seems they don't do it properly at least. Valgrind is unhappy with it.

> Is this fix made for performance reasons ? In that case we can change a
> bit an wrap all stats_ calls this way:
in one of the cases there is a vlc_object_find that is only used for the
stats, so in that case I'd say it's for performance reasons as well, and
then the below check wouldn't work. Anyway stats do seem to be a drag at
the moment, according to oprofile at least a few of the top cpu huggers
for me usage were stats-related. clocking in at about the same cpu usage
as the mpeg video packetizer. Some optimization seems to be needed.

Regards Sigmund