[vlc-devel] Re: vlc: svn commit r14147 (sigmunau)

Clément Stenac zorglub at via.ecp.fr
Fri Feb 3 15:45:04 CET 2006

> seems they don't do it properly at least. Valgrind is unhappy with it.
appart from the missing = 0 for i_total, I don't see where. Could you
paste the errors ?

For the performance issue, what is to be done is to extract the hash table
handling from src/misc/variables.c and make it a global utility that can
be reused by all our string-indexed tables, there are quite a few of them
now :
 - configuration
 - stats
 - metadata
 - maybe others

Another easy optimization is to reduce the object_find calls in stats
handling by keeping the singleton in libvlc_t

The next easy one is to change stats_UpdateFoo() so that it returns the
new value of the counter after updating it, avoiding the lookup just after
it.

--
Clément