[vlc-devel] Developing Modules - Not being recognized

Brillgene SMTP anshuman at brillgene.com
Sun Feb 5 03:23:21 CET 2006

Hi,
 I am working on a module for VLC which will allow it to play eMule Part
Files (with seeking, uninterrupted play)

This used to exist for 0.7.2 but it is now broken with 0.8.4. I want to
upgrade it to 0.8.4.

1. Although I can compile the module fine, VLC does not show it. I based my
code on the file.c access module and have made minimal changes. why is it
not showing up in the VLC list?
2. Is there a way to prevent the plugin/modules from breaking with every
release of VLC?

Thanks,
Anshuman