[vlc-devel] Re: VLC adaptation for nCube streaming

Clement Leclout-Keriguy clement at cyber-consult.com
Thu Jan 19 18:50:06 CET 2006

Hi Bob and Ross,

Sorry for the delay, but I was away from the office the past week.
Here are more details about our situation:

1) We are currently only using VLC client in UDP/RTP mode only to
receive the stream, we developed our own RTSP command externally as
nCube uses a different RTSP protocol as the current VLC, but we would be
interested to integrate it in the client!

2) The main problem we are facing is a delay in the video of about 5-10
seconds when a VCR command is called (pause, fast forward, fast reverse,
etc.).

3) There are also some picture quality issues (black dots on bright
areas and horizontal lines with fast video motion) from TS streams.

4) As we are using VLC on a Set Top Box which includes a MPEG2 hardware
decoder, we are also wondering if there is a way that VLC uses this
decoder instead of the default software one? (to reduce CPU usage)

5) We integrate this client into a web page using the ActiveX component,
but I haven't found a clear list of JavaScript functions that the object
support. We mainly need to change the aspect ratio or resize the display
area and make the video 'stretch' the area.

These are the issues that our company would like to solve, with a
priority on issue 2)

Best Regards,
Clement
Clément Leclout-Kériguy
Project Manager - Software Development
Cyber-Consult FZ-LLC
Dubai Internet City
United Arab Emirates
Tel.:     +971 (0) 4 391 0241
Fax.:    +971 (0) 4 390 8944
Mob.:   +971 (0) 50 4658485
www.cyber-consult.com
© All rights reserved, copyright Cyber-Consult 2006
This email, its content and any files transmitted are intended solely
for the addressee(s), are intellectual property of Cyber-Consult and are
legally privileged and/or confidential. Any distribution or further use
without permission of Cyber-Consult is illegal and will be prosecuted by
law. If you are not the intended recipient please delete and contact the
sender email return.