[vlc-devel] Re: vlc: svn commit r14008 (hartman)

Christophe Massiot massiot at via.ecp.fr
Tue Jan 24 11:37:23 CET 2006

On Tue, Jan 24, 2006, matthieu castet wrote:
> Subversion daemon wrote:
> >r14008 | hartman | 2006-01-24 06:52:40 +0100 (Tue, 24 Jan 2006) | 4 lines
> >Changed paths:
> >   M /trunk/modules/demux/ps.c
> >
> >* Fake the PCR/SCR on MPEG PES streams (VDR for instance).
> >  Don't worry, it's if()'ed such that it's almost impossible for a normal
> >  PS file to trigger the hack.
> >  It worked for all my VDR PES files and was never triggered for my entire
> >  PS collection.
> >
> Great it make works vdr streamdev PES and PS streams.
> TS and ES are still broken.
> Such files can be found on http://castet.matthieu.free.fr/broken/

Why don't you fix VDR to output MPEG-compliant streams instead of adding
evil hacks to all media-players to support illegal streams ? Compliance
would really benefit the community.

BTW the "es.mpeg" stream works perfectly, you just have to prepend the
file name with "/mpgv:" to tell VLC that it's a raw video stream since
it can't be easily differentiated from PS (actually, identifying raw
elementary streams is the whole point of multiplexing).

--
Christophe Massiot.