[vlc-devel] Re: jvlc-win32-060612 not playing video

marcus chan marcuschan99 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 15 08:21:00 CEST 2006

I am new to jvlc, just want to know if I can write applet using jvlc?

  I am thinking to write some aplet to -
  play video clips on server
  play streams from server
  capture and stream to other clients

  Please tell me where I can get more info and hep ...
  Thanks....
  marcus

Filippo Carone <filippo at carone.org> wrote:  Pantelis Evgenidis ha scritto:
> Hello everyone,
>    I have downloaded the latest jvlc port for win32 and I cannot seem
> to be able to play any video (or music).
>
>    I'm using a WindowsXP(sp2) machine with cygwin, jdk1.5.0_07 and
> vlc allready installed. I unzip the sources to some dir (inside cygwin for
> future compilations) and then I try running VLCExample. This is what
> I get:

Hi,
if possible I really suggest to compile vlc svn version in cygwin,
following this tutorial:

http://developers.videolan.org/vlc/vlc/INSTALL.win32

On the configure line add: --enable-java-bindings . Then make install
and java bindings in the bindings/java directory should work.

> C:\cygwin\home\peyg\jvlc-win32-060612>java VLCExample
> [00000026] main interface error: no interface module matched "hotkeys,none"
> [00000026] main interface error: no suitable interface module
> [00000001] main vlc error: interface "hotkeys,none" initialization failed

Anyway, if you want to use the jvlc binary package, you need to tell to
jvlc where to find vlc (so it can find builtin modules and plugins). A
user reported that you need to give fullpath to vlc.exe as argv[0] to
libvlc_new(), but I couldn't check this because of a lack of a win32
test machine.

I hope this helps,
fc