[vlc-devel] Re: jvlc-win32-060612 not playing video

Pantelis Evgenidis peyg at intracom.gr
Mon Jul 17 10:11:45 CEST 2006

Hi Filippo,
    thank you for your swift answer on Friday first of all. See my
comments bellow

Filippo Carone wrote:

> Pantelis Evgenidis ha scritto:
>
>> Hello everyone,
>>    I have downloaded the latest jvlc port for win32 and I cannot seem
>> to be able to play any video (or music).
>>
>>    I'm using a WindowsXP(sp2) machine with cygwin, jdk1.5.0_07 and
>> vlc allready installed. I unzip the sources to some dir (inside
>> cygwin for
>> future compilations) and then I try running VLCExample. This is what
>> I get:
>

> Hi,
> if possible I really suggest to compile vlc svn version in cygwin,
> following this tutorial:
>
> http://developers.videolan.org/vlc/vlc/INSTALL.win32
>
> On the configure line add: --enable-java-bindings . Then make install
> and java bindings in the bindings/java directory should work.

First off, I started with this. The problem was (is) that after
compiling I read in the FAQ file inside bindings/java that it only
works on linux and not on win32. That is why I droped it an got the
binary package instead.

>> C:\cygwin\home\peyg\jvlc-win32-060612>java VLCExample
>> [00000026] main interface error: no interface module matched
>> "hotkeys,none"
>> [00000026] main interface error: no suitable interface module
>> [00000001] main vlc error: interface "hotkeys,none" initialization
>> failed
>

> Anyway, if you want to use the jvlc binary package, you need to tell
> to jvlc where to find vlc (so it can find builtin modules and
> plugins). A user reported that you need to give fullpath to vlc.exe as
> argv[0] to libvlc_new(), but I couldn't check this because of a lack
> of a win32 test machine.

In file vlc-libvlc-jni.cc there is a commented line:
 sprintf( (char*) argv[0], "%s", "jvlc");

if instead of "jvlc" I give the absolute path to vlc.exe, it should work
you think? Or is there something else I must do?

> I hope this helps,
> fc

Thank you again
Pantelis