[vlc-devel] Re: RTP and RTSP suport

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Jul 17 19:55:59 CEST 2006

Everyone - when you're talking/asking about RTSP/RTP support in VLC,
please make it clear whether you're talking about using VLC as a
player/receiver, or using VLC as a transmitter/streamer.  VLC
currently uses different implementations for receiving RTSP/RTP and
for streaming RTSP/RTP.  (It uses the "LIVE555 Streaming Media"
libraries for receiving RTSP/RTP, and its own built-in implementation
for streaming RTSP/RTP.)

At 10:07 AM 7/17/2006, you wrote:
>I am still not sure what RTP/RTCP we have to implement.

It's quite likely that you don't have to implement anything.  As
several people have already explained, VLC already implements
RTSP/RTP (for many RTP payload formats).  But again, you need to make
it clear whether you're talking about receiving RTSP/RTP, or
streaming RTSP/RTP.  And you need to be more specific about what RTP
payload formats (codecs) you're interested in.

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>