[vlc-devel] question about java vlc bindings

Michael Pujos pujos at audemat-aztec.com
Mon Jun 5 12:21:48 CEST 2006

I'm using the Java successfully to stream DVB channels.
When the user click on a channel in my Java UI, I'd to display a message
that the video is buffering as it can take a few seconds.
Now what's the best way to know that the video is finished buffering and
*really* playing? Playlist.isPlaying() looked like a good candidate but
seems to return true as soon as Playlist.play() has been called, ie
while it's buffering. Playlist.getInputFPS() could be useful but is
unimplemented and always return 0. What should I look for to implement it ?

Thanks