[vlc-devel] Re: Two inputs at the same time.

Lukasz Kondrad vlcplayer at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 15:57:56 CEST 2006

On 6/8/06, Christophe Massiot <massiot at via.ecp.fr> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 08, 2006, Lukasz Kondrad wrote:
>
> > I have tried it and it doesn't work. Maybe problem is somewhere else.
> > I set the dvb adapter as a network adapter, then the route is added
> after
> > that I use tzap to tune the card and tcpdump to receive packets from the
> > card. I start vlc with the sdp file but it doesn't take the datagrams
> from
> > the adapter.
>
> Have you tried specifying --miface-addr with the local IP address of
> dvb0 ? Probably VLC just doesn't bind to the right interface.
>
> > May you say me why implementing ip stack in vlc is overkill? What is so
> > difficult, maybe I knowledge is not enough to do that, let me know what
> > problems I shall be aware, please.
>
> You already have an IP stack in the kernel, using it is much simpler
> than rewriting an IP stack (which is not trivial).
>
> --
> Christophe Massiot.
>
> --

Hi,

I did as said Christophe. I create network adapter dvb0, tzap tune the dvb
card and tcpdump to receive datagrams. I run vlc with --miface-addr=

results:
- when multicast is sent, and i don't have to use sdp file i can receive the
dvb/h signal
- when i am transmitting a mpeg-4 or h.264 over rtp and sdp file must be
used, the input stream can not be created.

I think the reason is that --miface-addr is only for vlc and since sdp file
is used the live555 library is responsible for the rtp stream.
So I should look on the lib555 library, don't I ?

BR
Lukasz