[vlc-devel] Re: Two inputs at the same time.

Lukasz Kondrad vlcplayer at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 12:20:49 CEST 2006

On 6/6/06, Benjamin Pracht <bigben+spam at videolan.org> wrote:

> Le mardi 06 juin 2006 à 13:52 +0300, Lukasz Kondrad a écrit :
>

> > Hello,
> >
> > Thanks for your response. I will go through these files.
> > I am woriking on DVB-H module. I need information from a sdp file
> > during demultilexing rtp flow which is taken from mpe section of TS.
> >

> What are you trying to do exactly ? Parsing the whole dvb-h ts stream in
> VLC (and then implementing an ip stack in VLC ?). Have you tried to
> register your dvb adapter as a network adapter in the OS ? Then the
> existing livedotcom module *should* be enough to read dvb-h streams,
> once provided the sdp file. We would be interested in feedback on that
> topic...
>
> --
> BigBen
>
> --

Hello,
Yes, I am trying to implement an ip stack in VLC. A dvb adapter can be
registered as a network adapter. It works, however, it can only receive the
datagrams  and I think vlc needs to send an IGMP request. If datagrams from
dvb adapter are sent on eth0 adapter and multicasted, on other computer, by
useing vlc,  watching dvb-h signal is possible.

What I have done until now:
- gather mpe sections and parse information (ip addresses, ports, rtp header
information)
- when multicast ip/udp/ts is transmitted, decoding and watching the
transmission is possible (it is not a standard, it was done just to check if
gathering and parsing work properly)
- vlc is able to pars the sdp file and run a dvb card (the
channel.confparsing module is used)

What I have to do:
- the RTP interface from live555 library shall be changed to accept
different input

I let you about a progress in my work,
Thanks for your help.
Lukasz