[vlc-devel] Re: Two inputs at the same time.

Lukasz Kondrad vlcplayer at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 12:08:14 CEST 2006

On 6/7/06, Christophe Massiot <massiot at via.ecp.fr> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 07, 2006, Lukasz Kondrad wrote:
>
> > Yes, I am trying to implement an ip stack in VLC. A dvb adapter can be
> > registered as a network adapter. It works, however, it can only receive
> the
> > datagrams  and I think vlc needs to send an IGMP request. If datagrams
> from
> > dvb adapter are sent on eth0 adapter and multicasted, on other computer,
> by
> > useing vlc,  watching dvb-h signal is possible.
>
> Implementing an IP stack in VLC is overkill. If you want to avoid VLC
> sending IGMP to eth0, you just have to set the multicast route to your
> dvb0 interface :
>
> ip route add 224.0.0.0/4 dev dvb0
>
> --
> Christophe Massiot.
>
> --

I have tried it and it doesn't work. Maybe problem is somewhere else.
I set the dvb adapter as a network adapter, then the route is added after
that I use tzap to tune the card and tcpdump to receive packets from the
card. I start vlc with the sdp file but it doesn't take the datagrams from
the adapter.
May you say me why implementing ip stack in vlc is overkill? What is so
difficult, maybe I knowledge is not enough to do that, let me know what
problems I shall be aware, please.

BR
Lukasz